We have an iPhone app that is like Freecycle (online community where you swap things for free). We want a logo that looks fun and professional that will stand out in the App Store. This will be primarily used on screen, not print.
Some ideas we have:
One hand giving a thing to another. The act of giving should be clear, and the thing can be concrete or abstract, like a gift box. Some things that we expect people will be giving away:
* Old gadgets
* Moving boxes
* Kitchen items and appliances
* Baby things
We'd like to avoid items that might be too specific, since there's such a wide range of things that people give to each other. Another possible design element for the main icon would be a lotus flower, since that will be used in the app to represent karma.
The deliverables for this job are:
1. Icon for app store/home screen for non-retina (57x57px) and retina (114x114px).
2. Facebook app icons: 16x16px, 75x75px, and 128x128 px. These can be conceptually the same as #1.
3. 3 tab bar icons (give an item, take an item, profile). These should be 30x30px (non-retina) and 60x60px (retina).
4. A karma icon (a lotus flower) for non-retina (15x15px) and retina (30x30px).
5. Small status icons that reflect four different states (available, promised, taken, draft). These should be 15x15px(non-retina) and 30x30px(retina).
See attached for the draft assets. These assets should only be used to guide the dimensions of the icons, but feel free to reinterpret them as you please. All icons should use the same palette, so that they look like they're part of the same app.