Primarily we are looking for x1 hero image, with a further set of smaller illustrations to represent each topic of our HR Health Check website.
The topics are:
1. Legal compliance (e.g. employment legislation etc);
2. Recruitment (e.g. job advertising, application sorting, interviewing, on-boarding);
3. Training (e.g. on the job trainning, formal training, exams);
4. Compensation / Pay (e.g. rewarding employees for their work);
5. Employee Engagement (e.g. do employee goals line up with employer goals, do employees enjoy their work, engagement surveys);
6. Performance Management (e.g. agreeing goals/targets with employees, monitoring goals, helping employees to improve);
7. HR Process Management (e.g. data storage, file storage, and other processes);
8. HR Marketing (e.g. employer branding, focusing on their organisation being a great place to work).
One idea is to have the illustrations represent a "doctor" (our health check) doing some medical examinations (stethoscopes, treadmills, monitoring vitals, hospital bed, taking measurements) on the "patients" (topic areas), and the hero image could show each of the characters in a doctors waiting room.
Another idea we had was to have each of the topic areas working out at the gym - lifting weights, running on treadmills, rowing machines, weights machines, etc.
The last idea we had was to have the topic areas represented in an employer/employee scenario, i.e. giving/receiving a performance review, or sorting job applications etc.
These are just a couple of ideas, we are open to anything so be creative!
Whether you choose to use any of these ideas, one thing is important. We really don't want to the characters to be represented in human form, rather maybe animals from the zoo, or as some other creatures (no martians or aliens)! This removes the race/gender perceptions.
There is no strict colour set to go by, though we would like the images to be in colour! Maybe a colour to represent the main character and another colour(s) to represent each of the topic areas.
We have attached some images with samples of a style we like, and an example of a style we don't like (its got a big red cross through it, please don't waste your time submitting styles like this).
To lower your time investment - for the first round feel free to only submit the main hero image, finalists will be asked to complete the remaining smaller illustrations in the final rounds.