IMPORTANT: Please read the brief CAREFULLY. Feel free to message us if you have any questions or if anything is unclear.
We are currently looking for a new cover for the next issue of our magazine. Our readership constitutes of mainly male German-speaking expats in Japan, nearly half of them are executives. The main theme of this issue is the Japanese sports market. We already have a set template for the cover and are looking for a unique, creative design/image to fit into that template (see attachments). IMPORTANT: The green frame is NOT part of the template, we just added it to show which part needs to be changed. Please erase the green frame when you create a design.
We have the following requirements for our cover image:
- The main theme of the issue is “sports market in Japan” – emphasizing especially on 1) Mr. Abe, Primer minister of Japan strives to build a profitable sport market in Japan (keywords: Rugby, Baseball, Soccer like J-League, e-sports like hado, sport tourism, walking, yoga, jogging, fitness studio, swimming and golf/ latest Japanese sport stars: Ms. Naomi Osaka and Mr. Kei Nishikori as tennis players), and 2) how the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo could be a driving force and fuel the business in the sports industry. 3) Sport sponsoring in Japan is still in an infancy state compared to many other industrialized countries and therefore constitutes a very interesting opportunity for foreign companies and investors. We want the cover image to reflect these topics.
- It has to be VERY clear that the magazine is about the “JAPANESE sports market” (through, for example, Japanese people or Japanese buildings etc.). However, since sport and the sports industry have already become a form of entertainment and business that connects people and money worldwide we would like that to be expressed on the cover as well.
- One idea for inspiration: (f.e. Mr Abe is wearing a running uniform and racing with Japanese male and female athletes in different sports uniforms towards a goal called “Sportland”)
Images for reference:
- Or you can base your design on a photo and make a collage or design icons/graphics. Anything is fine! If you use a stock picture, please arrange it like the combination of photo and icons, like what we did in our last covers (see the attachment).
- If you use a stock photo, stick to istockphoto.com or similar lower-prize options if possible. (If you already own the pictures you want to use, it does not matter which website you got them from, of course.)
- Here are some suggestions. Do NOT just paste the stock photo into the template.
- Please insert the title into the image. This issue’s title will be something along the lines of “Sportmarkt Japan: Anstoß Olympia 2020”. "Sportmarkt Japan" is the main title and therefore bigger than the other part.
- On the following website, you can find the past cover designs of the magazine:
- Please DEFINITELY look at our past covers so that you can get a feel for what we are looking for!
- But also, please choose a DIFFERENT colour design, especially in comparison to the last covers (No. 1 2019, No.1, No.2, No.3 and No. 4 2018).
- Media data:
IMPORTANT - The final data of the final image for our magazine:
The picture resolution should be 350 dpi and use the CMYK colour model. Our team works with Adobe Illustrator/InDesign, so it is important to provide us with 2 files that could be opened and edited in Illustrator (.ai-file) and InDesign (.indd). Please also provide us with a .psd data that we can edit in Adobe Photoshop, with separate layers.