IMPORTANT: Please read the brief CAREFULLY. Feel free to message us if you have any questions or if anything is unclear.
We are currently looking for a new cover for the next issue of our magazine. Our readership constitutes of mainly male German-speaking expats in Japan, nearly half of them are executives. The main theme of this issue is “Japanese industrial materials”. We already have a set template for the cover and are looking for a unique, creative design/image to fit into that template (see attachments). IMPORTANT: The green frame is NOT part of the template, we just added it to show which part needs to be changed. Please erase the green frame when you create a design.
We have the following requirements for our cover image:
- The main theme of the issue is “industrial materials made in Japan” – emphasizing especially on the fact that Japan is one of the most important suppliers in the world for many primary products and industrial materials (keywords: speciality chemicals, textiles, batteries, lightweight materials for planes and cars, steel etc.), and can be found in almost every smartphone, display, computer chip, or car in the world.
- It has to be VERY clear that the magazine is about “materials made in Japan, however, since these materials are so important for the global supply chain and are exported worldwide we would like that to be expressed on the cover as well.
- Ideas for inspiration: (f.e. a map of the world that shows materials being exported from Japan into different countries; a product called “Mr. Material” is holding a Japanese flag which says “60% made in Japan”; via x-ray view one can see the “Japanese insides” of a variety of different products such as a car, a smartphone.)
- You can base your design on a photo and make a collage or design icons/graphics. Anything is fine! If you use a stock picture, please arrange it like the combination of photo and icons or illustration and icons, like what we did in our last covers (see the attachment).
- If you use a stock photo, stick to istockphoto.com or similar lower-prize options if possible. (If you already own the pictures you want to use, it does not matter which website you got them from, of course.)
- Do NOT just paste the stock photo into the template.
- Please insert the title into the image. This issue’s title will be something along the lines of “Industriematerialien: Japans führender Wirtschaftszweig”. "Industriematerialien" is the main title and therefore bigger than the other part. Font: “Industriematerialien” = Myriad Pro-Bold 48p. “Japans führender Wirtschaftszweig” = Myriad Pro-Bold p.24.
- On the following website, you can find the past cover designs of the magazine:
- Please DEFINITELY look at our past covers so that you can get a feel for what we are looking for!
- But also, please choose a DIFFERENT colour design, especially in comparison to the last covers (No. 1, No. 2 2019, No.1, No.2, No.3 and No. 4 2018).
- Media data:
IMPORTANT - The final data of the final image for our magazine:
The picture resolution should be 350 dpi and use the CMYK colour model. Our team works with Adobe Illustrator/InDesign, so it is important to provide us with 2 files that could be opened and edited in Illustrator (.ai-file) and InDesign (.indd). Please also provide us with a .psd data that we can edit in Adobe Photoshop, with separate layers.