What I'm really looking for is a design language more so than a single design. While, the subject of this contest will be to design packaging for one of our kitchen scales, the look will need to be duplicated on the boxes of every other Escali kitchen scale. So, I will be looking for a design which is flexible enough to maintain its integrity on a variety of shapes and sizes.
I did create one new design for one of our newest products; the Savu Space Saving Scale. I like it, but it's rather small and an odd shape compared to other Escali models. So, I'm not sure how it would translate into the larger box designs. I am open to designs that are similar to the new Savu packaging but further refined, or fresh concepts. I have too much going on right now to give this project the time it deserves, and we'd like to get moving on it now. So, I need your help!
Details & Comments:
- We have a few models (Arti & Primo) that are available in a selection of colors. Currently, we use the color of each scale as the main color of each package to highlight the differences. The owner likes this, so I'd like to explore keeping this as a possibility. We've also used packaging with a window before, but we're not as open to revisiting that idea again.
- I can (and likely will) take new pictures for this packaging project. The Arti images I have are very old, but I have included them for your design work. The new images would include an angle nearly identical to the current one.
- I will provide reference material for our current kitchen scale packaging.
- I will also provide one of our product catalogs for you to reference. It is more updated than our current kitchen scale packaging, but we could make another iteration on the design language used here.
- Most recently we introduced a line of kitchen timers & thermometers, which are very closely related to the kitchen scales. I will provide reference materials on their packaging.
- Our very first attempt to update our branding was with our body scale packaging, and I will include some documentation for your reference. While it is improved from the original, I would be open to updating them again to better match this new kitchen scale design (if necessary.) Note, it is pretty rare that a kitchen scale and a body scale would be sold side-by-side in a retail environment.
- Keep in mind the design language that I mentioned earlier may inspire future design work in other areas, such as web design/print catalogs/advertisements.
- One major benefit to Escali scales is their Lifetime ltd. Warranty. That is worth noting, and I would be open to updating our current Lifetime ltd. Warranty icon if needed to mesh with the new design.
- I am open to pairing a new font with NuetraFace Text, which is what is primarily used. I had inherited AmericanTypewriter font as a pair, but I don't like it so I'm moving away from it.